Monday, January 13, 2014

God: Good & Gracious


Some of you might have noticed that at the end of most of my blog posts, I use this sentence:

“God is good and gracious.”

I started writing this as a simple reminder for myself of God’s goodness and His graciousness, but as I kept typing that simple sentence the more normal it became. The more I typed that sentence the more I began to gloss over the true and deep meaning behind those words. I’ll be honest, sometimes I need to be reminded of what those words mean. 

In today’s age we are so used to hearing jargon like this that I fear that we are all missing out on the profound impact those words should have.

“God is good.”

Okay, but what does that mean? How are we to define goodness? Is there a difference between how we see good and how God sees good? How is God’s goodness different than ours?

“God is gracious.”

Okay, what the heck is grace? What does grace have to do with us? How is God actually gracious to us? How does God’s grace change anything?

These are the things that I will be exploring in a short series called God: Good and Gracious. The next two Monday mornings will feature a short post.

I sincerely hope that you enjoy the posts and that they are an encouragement to anyone who doubts God’s goodness or gracious, which is all of us!

Jacob Luis Gonzales

No comments:

Post a Comment